Need help? 02081338131


Legalization of documents can only be issued by the Legalization Department of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in the UK. Those requiring legalization of documents can have them legalized direct with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or via third party providers such as CERTIFIED UK TRANSLATION.

Legalization is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on UK certificates or notarized non-UK certificates (such as birth, marriage, death certificates) is genuine. Legalization is usually required by foreign authorities and most consulates in England before they can be used overseas.


If the certificate is to be submitted abroad, you may also need to have the Translated document not only Sworn or Notarized but also legalized at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, not just the original document.

Please check with the consular authority or the destination country you are sending the certificates to whether legalization is also required for the translation. You can legalize the Translation yourself at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or we can do it on your behalf in two ways:

- Standard service (3 days).

- Premium service (same day).

Please check that the destination country where you are presenting your legalized documents is on the list of Member Countries of the Hague Convention for apostille If not, after apostille you may also need one last step, which is to submit the legalized documents to the relevant foreign consulate in England for further legalization.

Which documents can be legalized?

Birth, Marriage, Death or Adoption.

Decree Absolute or Divorce Certificate.

Probate, Will, Affidavit and Letter of Administration.

Academic Certificates including University Qualification, A-Levels and O-Levels.

Certificates of No-Impediment or Single-Status Declaration.

Criminal Record Bureau or Disclosure Scotland.

Notarized Power of Attorney.

British Passport (True Copy of the photo page).

Companies House Certificates.

Export Certificates.

Professional License.

Translation (Signed by a Solicitor or Notary).

Medical Reports.

Court Papers.