Need help? 02081338131


The Legalization of documents can only be issued by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). Those requiring legalization of documents can have them legalized direct with the FCDO or via third party providers such as certifieduktransl®

Legalization is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on UK documents (such as birth, marriage, death) is authentic. Legalization is usually required by foreign authorities and most consulates in the UK before they can be used overseas


If the document is to be submitted overseas, you may also need to have the Translated document not only Sworn or Notarized but also legalized at the FCDO, not just the original document

Please check with the consular authority or the authority of the country of destination to which the documents are sent if legalization is also required for the translated document. It is possible to legalize the translated document yourself at the FCDO or we can do it for you in two ways:

-Standard service (2 days).

Please check that the country of destination where the legalized documents are presented is in the list of member countries of the 1961 Hague Convention for apostille If not, one last step may be required after the apostille, which is to send the legalized documents to a relevant foreign consulate in the UK for further legalization.

Which documents can be legalized?

Birth, Marriage, Death or Adoption.

Probate, Will, Affidavit and Letter of Administration.

Divorce decree.

Academic diplomas, including University Qualification, A-Levels and O-Levels.

No-Impediment to Marry or Single-Status Declaration.

Criminal Record Bureau DBS or Disclosure Scotland.

Passport (True Copy of the photo page).

Notarized Power of Attorney.

Companies House documents.

Export documents.

Professional Licence.

Translated document (Signed by a Solicitor or Notary).

Medical Reports.

Court Papers.

Insurance Documents.

and more