Need help? 02081338131

Usually there are 4 levels of stamped/signed t r a n s l a t e d documents, depending on how they will be used and to whom they will be submitted. The stamped t r a n s l a t e d documents can be either:

  1. stamped and signed by a representative from the company or by the linguist,
  2. sworn in front of a lawyer,
  3. notarized by a notary public.
  4. and legalized (Apostille) at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (F C D O).

We provide all above types of stamped/signed translated documents, use our calculator on the Home Page (Purpose) for guidance on the type of stamp level required.


This type of t r a n s l a t e d document is usually required for documents from a foreign language into English for use in the U K for Immigration, Universities, Associations, etc. We just attach a copy of your original document to the translated document in most cases, (see 'Sending your document' for exceptions) and when you present your t  r  a n s l a t e d document to whoever requested it, you may be asked to submit your original document along with the t r a n s l a t e d document. We also attach a Declaration including details of the linguist professional verifying that it is complete and accurate.


This type of t r a n s l a t e d document is usually required for submission abroad, or for submission to UK Courts of Law, or some organizations requiring a higher level of stamp and some C o n s u l a t e s. The stamp will be Sworn in front of a Commissioner for Oaths (Lawyer). We also attach a Sworn Declaration Affidavit including the linguist details swearing on oath that it is complete and accurately translated from the original document. This Sworn Declaration is also dated and includes the linguist signature and is signed and stamped by the Lawyer. Sometimes the original document is required (not just a copy/scan) if the translated document is to be legalized (apostille) for use abroad such as documents issued by the General Register Office or the Police or the Home Office (U K Birth/Marriage/Divorce/Naturalization/Death/Police Criminal Records). Also sometimes, depending on the requirement of the recipients, they request a True Copy* to be attached, in which case we will need to see the original and make a true copy.

*A True Copy of Original Document means that the Original Document is photocopied, signed & stamped as a conforming copy by a Lawyer or Notary Public. You can get a True Copy done yourself at any lawyer or notary or we can do it for you as part of the Sworn process. True Copies are NOT applicable to Crown Copyright documents such as U K General Register Office Birth, Marriage, No Impediment to Marry, Death documents, Naturalization deeds or Police Criminal Record Checks. We can only stamp originals or extracts of originals issued by the authority.


This type of stamp is usually required for documents issued by the General Register Office or signed in front of a Notary, or issued by some other countries to be used in a higher capacity abroad (or for use with foreign consulates in the U K) such as Power of Attorney, Affidavit Declaration, buying property abroad, opening a company abroad, Probate/Inheritance, any other transaction abroad involving commercial activity or for High Court proceedings and some Embassies.

The Original document is usually required when a translated document will be notarized because the translated document and the original (or True Copy) will be signed and stamped before a Notary Public. We also attach a Notary Declaration including the details of the linguist professional declaring on oath that it is a complete and accurate translated document of the original. This Notary Declaration is also dated and includes the linguist signature and is signed and stamped by the U K Notary Public.


If the document is to be submitted abroad, you may also need to have your translated document not only sworn or notarized but also legalized (Apostille) at the F C D O. (The F C D O will not legalize Basic stamps, they have to bear the signature and stamp of either a registered Lawyer or Notary).

Legalization is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a British public document is genuine. It does not authenticate the content of the document. Please check with whomever you are submitting the documents to whether legalization of the original document or legalization of translated document is required. You can legalize the translated document yourself at the F C D O or we can do it on your behalf in two ways:

- 3 days: We go to the F C D O for legalization and it's collected over the next two days.

- Premium (one day): We go to the F C D O direct in L o n d o n.

In some cases, when a translated document is legalized (Apostille), the Original document may also need to be legalized. Check with your representative. In which case, you will need to supply us with your already Legalized Original document or request from us to have your Original Document Legalized.

Please check that the destination country where you are presenting your documents is on the list of Member Countries of the Hague Convention. If not, after legalization you may also need one last step, which is to present the legalized documents to the relevant foreign consulate in the U K for further consular legalization.