Need help? 02081338131


The Legalization of documents can only be issued by the Legalization Department of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO.). Those requiring legalization of documents can have them legalized direct with the FCDO or via third party providers such as CUKTransl.

Legalization is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on United Kingdom documents or notarized non-UK documents (such as birth, marriage, death) is genuine. Legalization is usually required by foreign authorities and most consulates in the United Kingdom before they can be used overseas.


If the document is to be submitted abroad, you may also need to have the Translated document not only Sworn or Notarized but also legalized at the FCDO, not just the original document.

Please check with the consular authority or the destination country authority you are sending the documents to whether legalization is also required for the translated document. You can legalize the translated document yourself at the FCDO or we can do it on your behalf in two ways:

- Standard service (three days).

- Premium service (same day).

Please check that the destination country where you are presenting your legalized documents is on the list of Member Countries of the Hague Convention 1961 for apostille If not, after apostille you may also need one last step, which is to submit the legalized documents to the relevant foreign consulate in the United Kingdom for further legalization.

Which documents can be legalized?

Birth, Marriage, Death or Adoption.

Divorce decree.

Probate, Will, Affidavit and Letter of Administration.

Academic diplomas, including University Qualification, A-Levels and O-Levels.

No-Impediment to Marry or Single-Status Declaration.

Criminal Record Bureau DBS or Disclosure Scotland.

Notarized Power of Attorney.

British Passport (True Copy of the photo page).

Companies House documents.

Export documents.

Professional Licence.

Translated document (Signed by a Solicitor or Notary).

Medical Reports.

Court Papers.

Insurance Documents

and more...