Need help? 02081338131


Legalisation of documents can only be issued by the Legalisation Department of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) in the UK. Those requiring legalisation of documents can have them legalized direct with the FCO or via third party providers such as CERTIFIED UK TRANSLATIONS.

Legalisation is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on UK certificates or notarized non-UK certificates (such as English birth, marriage, death certificates) is genuine. Legalisation is usually required by foreign authorities and some embassies in England before UK certificates can be used in their country.


If the certificate is to be submitted abroad, you may also need to have the Translated document not only Sworn or Notarized but also legalised at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, not just the original document.

Please check with whoever you are sending the certificates to whether legalisation is also required for the translation. You can legalise the Translation yourself at the FCO or we can do it on your behalf in two ways:

- Standard service (3 days).

- Premium service (same day).

Please check that the destination country where you are presenting your legalised documents is on the list of Member Countries of the Hague Convention for apostille If not, after apostille you may also need one last step, which is to present the legalised documents to the relevant foreign consulate in England for further legalisation.

Which documents can be legalized?

Birth, Marriage, Death or Adoption.

Decree Absolute or Divorce Certificate.

Probate, Will, Affidavit and Letter of Administration.

Academic Certificates including University Qualification, GCSE, A-Levels and O-Levels.

Certificates of No-Impediment (CNI) or Single-Status Declaration.

Criminal Record Bureau or Disclosure Scotland.

Notarised Power of Attorney.

British Passport (True Copy of the photo page).

Companies House Certificates.

Export Certificates.

Professional License.

Translation (Signed by a Solicitor or Notary).

Medical Report.

Court Papers.